Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Starting 2009 out Right


Why is anything that is so called good for you so damn expensive? I usually eat white rice. I buy a ton of it for just a few dollars. So my doctor tells me i may have borderline diabeticalness... you know what I'm talkin bout. For you old black folks, I'm talking bout Sugar! She gives me some of her tree hugging suggestions on what to eat and what not to eat and what to go easy on. One of her suggestions was whole grain brown rice. I think to myself, Yuck its going to taste like brown shit but anything to try to stay healthy and avoid poking myself with needles. I hate needles so much now i won't give blood. Besides i like my feet and with Diabetes if your not careful they can take one or a piece of one. I tried it to see what I would look like and it's not a good look! Not with me tryna date right now.



I get to the store and i can't find it. I'm your typical guy so i look everywhere twice before asking for help. They take me right back to where i was standing before. over where all the other rice is and low and behold, there it is! On the bottom shelf there two spots for it. One for the expensive and the other was the really expensive. Both bags are so tiny i can hold them with the tips of my fingers. I guess i need to cut down my portions anyway. Why is man so greedy?! This is the same shit that they bleach and turn white. Its uncalled for. It should be cheaper since all they have to do is put it in a Mutha Fuckin bag. Let me calm the hell down, I'm getting mad again. I don't need to get my blood pressure up.

Side thought: My friend once told me he had HBP (High Blood Pressure) at the time i thought why the hell is he telling me this i didn't sleep with him. But i am a good friend so i was there to listen and give a shoulder to lean on. I asked who'd you get it from? I'm so damn stupid sometimes, i thought he was saying he caught something from laying up with some nasty but woman. He explained what it stood for and I told him don't be using Acronyms with me. My brain doesn't work like that. Too funny!

Later in the week I'm on a roll eating healthy and working out. So i decided to give the brown rice a try. Well let me tell you folks. Either I'm old and stuck in my ways or white folks got some bad as taste buds. I'm talking taste buds that can make bark taste like bake goods. Taste buds that can make sewer water taste like aged wine. I tried eating more and more hoping i would get used to it. Not a chance. The last bite i took tasted like bird feed! Yuck, I felt like a gerbil. I'll have to give something else up because i ain't eating that again.



I say all that to say this. If your family has a history of Diabetes or High Blood Pressure or both please be careful and treat your body right going forward. Little changes can make a huge difference in your health and quality of life in later years. So start young. Get of the couch and get movin. Even if you don't have a family history of these conditions your are not excluded from developing them. So be good to yourselves. I wish i had started sooner. But its never too late to changes your ways.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

it is all a conspiracy...keep the food that's good you @ a high price so that you buy the bad crap and spend countless of dollars in medical bills

Promiscuous X said...

i LOVE brown rice. I eat it everytime I order my white meat general tso chicken, its good for you and it helps things pass thru your system. Im glad you on a new health kick sumthn good for 2009. HOLLA

LMAO at HBP beinga disease

Acoustic Soul said...

You are a complete mess! I am so mad at you being an amputee!!

I'm with you on that brown rice, so when I come over for dinner don't be trying to shove that down my throat. NO THANKS!!!!

Promiscuous X said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAN

Pharoah said...

Redsnake,
I'm mad at you for the pics you have up here!

Anybody you are dating should want you for you...regardless if you have all your limbs or not.

As for diabetes, you either have it or you don't...and "borderline" means you got it. It just means that you are registering on the lower end of the spectrum. If your doctor didn't give you any medication for it then you are in good shape.

EXERCISE more. (lol this can include having more sex then usual...just dont let that be the ONLY exercise you get.)
Stay away from most startches and carbs (including rice) EAT MORE GREEN VEGETABLES!(carrots & potatoes are starches and carbs.)
Stay away from sugar - obviously, desserts, sodas, and juices.

That said, the key is moderations. Cut back on the carbs and sugar, increase you vegetable intake and excercise level, you should be good.

fuzzy said...

I cut down from 5 glasses of Kool-Aid to 3 glasses a day! Progress! lol (the red one)